How to install phpbb on 000 web hosting

phpBB is free and open source forum software that is easy to use, powerful, and highly customisable.

What you'll need
Before you begin this guide you'll need the following:

1)Login to your 000webhost control panel. You can do this by visiting https://www.000webhost.com/cpanel-login

2)Fill in your 000webhost details and login to your account.

3)Click On "Upload Files".

4)Then click on "Upload Files now"

5)After clicking on "Upload Files now". you wll be redirected to "000webhost File Manager".

How to install phpbb on 000 web hosting install tab, go

4.jpg 1366x409 13 KB

6)Click and Open "public_html".

5.jpg 1366x425 14.2 KB

8)Now Right click on "phpBB-3.2.0" and click on "Extract"
(Use this unzipper. if you have problems while extracting, Link:- https://github.com/ndeet/unzipper )

9)Also create database for your smf site from "Manage Database"

10)Now Open phpBB Installer Page and click on "Install" Tab.

9.jpg 1343x295 33.4 KB

NOTE: If you do not see an install tab, go back to the File Manager and delete the config.php folder, then refresh the page and it will work.

11)Read the Introduction part and click "Install".

10.jpg 1341x484 47.5 KB

12)Create admin account and click "Submit".

11.jpg 1342x363 27.3 KB

13)Fill the Database Configuration and click "Submit".

12.jpg 1339x518 37.5 KB

14)Check server configuration and click "Submit".

13.jpg 1334x507 40.4 KB

15)Set up E-mail Configuration if you want else click "Submit".

14.jpg 1340x570 41.8 KB

16)Set Bulletin Board Cofiguration and click "Submit".

15.jpg 1341x376 22.9 KB

17)Wait till the phpBB gets Installed.

16.jpg 1339x380 23.1 KB

Finally phpBB is Installed.

NOTE: Now you need to go back to the File Manager and delete the install folder before your forum will work.

If you have any questions do reply or PM me.